I could make a summary of the issues raised on the Blog "Alzheimer's Disease in India" on blogspot.com by its readership.
After 6 months of activity of this Facebook group, the following issues have been discussed:
ISSUES MENTIONNED ON THE BLOG AND DISCUSSED ON THIS FACEBOOK GROUP. (Aug. 2011- Jan. 2012)
- Care Services by locations in India: 35%
(Homes, day care centers, support groups...),
- AD prevalence and stigma/perception in India: 24%
(Its existence, statistics, extend...),
- Gerontology and Geriatric Courses and Societies: 11%
(doctors, group work, courses, regulatory bodies…),
- Infos on AD, the diagnosis and its disorders: 8%
(role of diagnosis, procedure, confusion…),
- Different needs and care approaches: 6,35%
(music, physical activities, devices…),
- Research on AD in India: 6,35%
- Policy on Dementia in India: 6,35%
(rights, national & local strategy…),
- Trained attendants in India: 2%
(locations, training ceritificate, regulatory body…).
What conclusion can you draw about these figures? Share yours and let's discuss together.