Statement of Indian Association of Palliative Care "
Therefore everyone with a life limiting illness has a right to a life free from pain, symptoms and distress; psychosocial and spiritual, and has the right to a dignified life that includes the process of death.
It is IAPC’s pledge and resolve to facilitate the process and calls upon the Government of India to create and implement suitable and effective legislation and policies for:
• Improvement in access to palliative care services and medications
• Education of professionals and the public
• The enacting of unambiguous laws related to issues in EOLC
• Encouragement of participation of the community in care
• Monitoring and ensuring standards of care and
• Provision of continued supportive measures for the families/caregivers throughout the illness trajectory and even after death." ...