Alzheimer's Disease in India Consultancy Service

If you have a project, contact us for advice at hendi.lingiah@gmail.com

Join our Family Caregivers, Volunteers and Care Professionals on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

‎Resources for dementia care volunteers in India now available online, by Swapna Kishore, 2012.


‎"Resources for dementia care volunteers now available online", by Swapna Kishore from SwapnaWrites Blog, March 17, 2012. 
A simple and structured way for dementia care volunteers in India to access relevant documents and resources created by me without their needing to contact me.. ....
..."This section on my website contains my views, opinions, documents. I am not an expert in any way, not even someone with an NGO or a trust or any qualifications as a volunteer. 
I am just a caregiver who developed a commitment to help other caregivers. I am just someone trying to do whatever I can, and share whatever I think and do, as honestly as I dare to. 
I undertake no implicit or explicit guarantees that the documents I am sharing are relevant or will help; I am creating this section because I strongly felt I need a space for such document sharing. How others use them is for them to see. Of course, I welcome feedback.
Take, for example, the setting up of support groups for caregivers. We so desperately need such groups. Around the middle of last year, I had drafted a document for creating caregiver support groups for a volunteer body, and then, a few months later, amended that to fit “dementia” caregiver groups for another person keen to set up a group. 
I know of at least three other persons who have wondered whether they can set up a support group, and what would be involved. There may be many more persons thinking of this. Now, the draft document I have created is available for anyone to read and use as fit, send me feedback, whatever. If someone sends me more ideas, I’ll amend the draft as suitable.
The section is intended for volunteers who want to equip themselves to understand and help dementia caregivers in India, and includes discussions on the status of dementia care in India and the impact of culture and context. Currently, it contains the following pages (this may change).
Pleave have a look or share the link with anyone who you think may be interested. Thank you!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this on your blog, Hendi!

Cheers,
Swapna Kishore