Alzheimer's Disease in India Consultancy Service

If you have a project, contact us for advice at hendi.lingiah@gmail.com

Join our Family Caregivers, Volunteers and Care Professionals on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

DIGNITY IN DEMENTIA

On PRIVACY and DIGNITY : "From a personal perspective, working to keep someone's dignity out in the wider community has been something I've struggled with. Do I tell all the local neighbours about mum and dementia? Of course I want them to be able to support her - but, is this the right way? What about local shops and services - how much should I tell them?

In discussions with her GP, am I always careful to facilitate the conversation in a supportive way, rather than dominating the conversation myself?

Do I find myself making decisions because "I know best", or do I talk it through with mum in an appropriate way? And, in discussions with family members, is it always appropriate to tell them everything? ....

The University of Bradford has produced a video about decision making and a person with dementia: ..."


link: http://www.dementiachallengers.com/dignity-in-dementia.html


No comments: