Alzheimer's Disease in India Consultancy Service

If you have a project, contact us for advice at hendi.lingiah@gmail.com

Join our Family Caregivers, Volunteers and Care Professionals on Facebook and LinkedIn.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Fozia Khan on ‘Asian Gracefully’, (extract) from The Collective, 2011.





"Asian Gracefully goes out tonight on Channel 4 at 7:30pm. It takes an intimate look behind the doors of one of the few residential care homes in Britain exclusively for the Asian elderly. Airing as part of the First Cut strand, it’s director Fozia Khan’s debut. Fozia speaks exclusively to the Collective about her experiences on the shoot and beyond."


......................


"But the experience was incredibly cathartic for me as I lost both my parents in 2009, which was a huge blow and something I’m still dealing with. Being around the residents at Aashna house made me feel closer to my parents in some way. The residents also loved being filmed as many of them are very lonely and they really appreciated being listened to. One of the residents who has no short-term memory and never remembers anyone always remembered me. Her daughter told me she thought it was because she enjoyed being filmed so much. That made me very happy."


read the full article at : 


http://thetvcollective.org/2011/03/fozia-khan-on-asian-gracefully/

No comments: