20. Medical support for senior citizens,
"The State Government shall ensure that:
- the Government hospitals or hospitals funded fully or partially by the Government shall provide beds for all senior citizens as far as possible;
- separate queues be arranged for senior citizens;
- facility for treatment of chronic, terminal and degenerative diseases is expanded for senior citizens;
- research activities for chronic elderly diseases and ageing is expanded;
- there are earmarked facilities for geriatric patients in every district hospital duly headed by a medical officer with experience in geriatric care."
CHAPTER III: ESTABLISHMENT OF OLDAGE HOMES.
19. Establishment of old age homes:
"The State Government may establish and maintain such number of oldage homes at accessible places, as it may deem necessary, in a phased manner, beginning with at least one in each district to accommodate in such homes a minimum of one hundred fifty senior citizens who are indigent.
The State Government may, prescribe a scheme for management of oldage homes, including the standards and various types of services to be provided by them which are necessary for medical care and means of entertainment to the inhabitants of such homes.
Explanation - for the purposes of this section, "indigent" means any senior citizen who is not having sufficient means, as determined by the State Government, from time to time, to maintain himself"